Thursday, March 3, 2011

Step 21. Keep up with the scene.



We drove 5 hours to Edmonton to see some friends and catch a band I am a fan of, Deep Dark Woods. You have never heard of them, sure. That is probably why I am such a fan- another obscure folk band. The weekend was not only musically enriching, but a chance to momentarily escape the parkas and Sorel boots that have come to epitomize life in Fort. We were enamored with the novelty of walking on pavement and not snow!



See? We may live in a hole in the ice in the middle of nowhere, but we know our Indie music!



Only a word to the wise: if you are going to West Edmonton Mall, don't take five guys. For them, what could have been an amazing shopping immersion will end up being a lot of this:








This is a quickie. I am in Toronto for a research seminar. Will tell you all about this thrilling experience next time.

2 comments:

  1. Really Kate? Step 20 *twice*? I know that the social sciences encourage a post-modern perspective on reality, but come on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing shopping immersion? Really?
    I'm glad the boys saved you from such a horrible thing.

    Risque.

    p.s. And why do I not know you are in TO? I'm going to text you RIGHT now.

    ReplyDelete