Sunday, April 10, 2011

Step 24. Understand the dating language.

Apparently the dating scene is a little different here. There is a whole new language:




I work at site: I make lots of money and have no home life. My schedule is such that I have no time for a real relationship. I make too much money to care about clarity of speech; site is a magical uniform, singular place, and I drive there every morning. Pretty hot, eh?

I drive truck: I operate heavy machinery. I make lots of money. I don't believe in the usage of articles as per English grammar. Pretty hot, eh?

I'm on 24 and 4s: I work 24 days in a row, then have 4 off. I don't believe in mental health. Pretty hot, eh?

I am on shortchange: I just got off a ten hour shift and now have to stay up for 12 hours so I can sleep before switching from days to nights. Want to go out for the next 12 hours?

We just ran shutdown: I just worked 20 days straight. I am exhausted. Let's get plastered.

I'm thinking of getting a new sled. Maybe after Cancun: I believe in conspicuous consumption. Pretty hot, eh?

I'll see if the boss will lend to the crummy tonight: I live 100 kms outside of town in a trailer with 50 other men, and the only truck available is the one my foreman drives. I cannot leave the site without my express permission and his vehicle. So maybe some other time?


I REALLY should not complain, though, because this is all here say. I have only met stand up guys here. It all depend which circles you run in, right? But before the summer I plan on hitting up either "Gold Diggers Bar" or "Club Envy" at least once. I haven't even met these prototype men on account of my tame lifestyle.

Man, sometimes it is so funny to live here. Things are just so different from the rest of the world. It's killer. We have our own jokes, our own culture. Ha! I just love it. The snow is melting and the all-weather tires are going back on. Life's good.

3 comments:

  1. Even _ I _ didn't have the courage or lack of sense to go to either of those bars. Stay away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A co-worker of mine showed this to me at work ... :P It's hilarious ... since then he just keeps telling me "I WORK AT SITE" :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete